Sunday, August 29, 2010

All my hopes and dreams FULLFILLED

Posted By Mark:

Holy cow! As I was typing the title of this post I became curious as to when the last time I blogged anything....MAY 27th!!! That is just plain crazy talk! I really find it hard to believe it's been that long but I guess this summer just went bye that quickly. Anyway I'll try to be better and write about a few nuggets of info that have taken place over the past few months. I can honestly say that I've been amazingly busy. The second I walk in the door from work I change out of my suit, get into my grubby clothes, and go straight to working on the house. To be honest at times it doesn't feel like we're making progress since I live among the chaos on a daily basis but a great number of friends and family have told us that they are impressed with the changes that we've made thus far. I guess I'll take their word for it.

So..... What has dragged me from my hermit-like state in order to wipe away the cobwebs on my keyboard and blog? Well it all started way back last November when that incompetent sorry excuse for a quarterback Max Hall opened his big trap and invited the wrath of thousands of Utah fans by saying that he HATED us. This of course sparked many a individual to make T-shirts, hats, and wrist bands in order to profit off his poor choice of words. I was no exception. but I went for the more timeless banner of expressionism...The bumper sticker. A buddy and I split the cost of making these little gems and we began selling them outside the U of U basketball games.


We did about as well as I was hoping. Mostly I was just wanting to get the money back that I invested into their creation..... And actually I think I made a small profit...Enough at least to pay my way into a few of those Utah Bball games as well as cover my customary bowl of delicious banana split Dippin Dots at half time. I've also enjoyed having one on the Jeeps back window. At first it took a bit of getting used to having people honking their horn at me and I would get all flustered and exclaim WHY ARE THEY HONKING!!! But by now it doesn't even phase me and I just wave as they drive past.

At the end of the day however the thing I wanted most was to be driving down the road and see someone else with my sticker on the back of their car.

It's now been 8 months and sadly I've never seen one of the 100 stickers I produced and sold. But yesterday as I was working around the house I got a really excited phone call from Kimmi as she was driving on her way to her baby shower. "YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT IS ON THE BACK OF THE CAR NEXT TO ME!" She was right I couldn't believe it and so I was sad that I wasn't there to witness that which has eluded me for 8 months. Thankfully I have a fantastic wife who risked life and limb to take a photo..... So without further adu. I give you MY dream in the flesh.



I couldn't be more proud. And with only a few days until opening kick off against Pitt.... GO UTES!

4 comments:

Karen said...

That's awesome Mark! How satisfying! Glad you're having a good time. It's fun to hear about what you guys are up to. Good luck on your house!

Amber Madsen said...

That is one awesome sticker! I am neither a U or BYU fan, but I must say that sticker makes me wanna be a U fan just cause it's so darn clever!!! Good Job!!!

Amber Madsen said...

Oh, let me clarify ... Alan is probably more like a BYU fan, but I, AMBER, am neither.

Amelia said...

BOOOO!