Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Today's craft project brought to you by Kimmi

Glass Jar Etchings!

I saw this awesome idea in my beloved Martha Stewart Magazine and just had to copy it for my new kitchen! I absolutely loved the way they turned out! I found these jars at Walmart, found the stickers and etching cream at my local Michael's, and the pattern idea in my head! So while Mark and I watched some Friends on tv, I worked away. I must say the hardest part about it was making my lines straight. I had the keep setting them down and look at them from afar. I finally got my lines and letters on and headed outside for 5 minutes of etching. It was an easy project and I am very happy with the way they turned out. They are happily sitting on my counter top full of flour, sugar, and treats for Beatrice!

The pictures aren't the best, but you get the idea.....




2 comments:

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

Super cute! You have seriously got to be the most crafty person I know! You should make your own magazine! It would kick Martha Stewarts butt! :)

The Cook Clan said...

Soooooooo cute! I love this idea. I can't wait for our super saturday to do our names on cassorle dishes.